Google Find us on Google+

A CLASSICAL EDUCATOR EXPLAINS HOW THE COMMON CORE STANDARDS ARE STEALING THE SOULS OF OUR CHILDREN

Jan 20, 2014 by

terrence-moore-jpg1.20.14 — TWO VIDEOS BY DR. TERRENCE MOORE – A CLASSICAL EDUCATOR EXPLAINS HOW THE COMMON CORE STANDARDS ARE STEALING THE SOULS OF OUR CHILDREN

 

 

Comments from Donna Garner:  Dr. Terrence Moore of Hillsdale College has given two tremendously helpful interviews in which he explains step-by-step what is wrong with Common Core and its Type #2 philosophy of education as compared to the Type #1 traditional, classical philosophy of education. 

 

By defining for the public what these two different philosophies of education look like, Dr. Moore will help the public to be further equipped to locate the Type #2 philosophy in their children’s curriculum:    

 

(Here is a helpful chart that can be shared widely — Type #1 and Type #2 — http://www.educationviews.org/comparison-types-education-type-1-traditional-vs-type-2-cscope-common-core/ )

 

 

To give more clarity to the public, I created the following graphic back in 2009 right after Obama was elected and the Common Core Standards Initiative started its stealthy takeover of our nation’s schools.  In Dr. Moore’s interview, he confirms the same thing as found in this graphic:   

 

**[The following arrows mean “lead to.”]

 

National standards  →  national assessments  →  national curriculum → national teacher evaluations with teachers’ salaries tied to students’ test scores  →  teachers teaching to the test each and every day  →  national indoctrination of our public school children  →  national database of students and teachers containing personally intrusive information

 

 

PART 1 VIDEO – 1.18.14 — “Teachers ‘instructed’ to teach ‘all right wing extremist groups’ are fascist” – The Daily Caller —  http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/18/teachers-instructed-to-teach-all-right-wing-extremist-groups-are-fascist-video/

 

=====

 

In Part 2 of his videos, Dr. Moore explains that he is hearing broad-based rumors about the SAT vs. Common Core Standards.  It is no secret that David Coleman, the lead writer for the Common Core English Standards and now the president of the College Board, plans to align the SAT with the Common Core.  However, Dr. Moore has heard that elite, private schools such as Sidwell Friends School where Obama’s own children attend school (and also Chelsea Clinton and Al Gore III) have no intentions of dumbing down their curriculum to meet the Common Core Standards.  A second SAT test will be produced just for the “elite” students who want to go to “elite” colleges/universities. 

 

If such a system is allowed to go forward in our country, a two-tier class system would be established in America just like Hillary Clinton, Marc Tucker, and the National Center on Education and the Economy (NCEE) tried to put into place in the 1980’s.  The top 10% would be well educated and would control the politicians and the major systems/institutions in this country while the other 90% would be the “worker bees” who would have such an inferior education that they could be easily controlled and manipulated.  It is easy to see that the Common Core Standards are well on their way to putting this model in place right now.

 

In Dr. Moore’s videos, he defines what a classical education is and gives practical suggestions that parents can follow to help them guide their own children to attain a classical education no matter where they go to school.

 

 

======

PART 2 VIDEO – 1.19.14 — “Common Core Is Taking Aim at the Souls of Our Children Says Classical Educator” — The Daily Callerhttp://dailycaller.com/2014/01/19/common-core-is-taking-aim-at-the-souls-of-our-children-says-a-classical-educator-video/#ixzz2qwKErNa1

 

 

Dr. Moore also urges the public to increase their efforts to battle the Common Core Standards because of the seriousness of the moment.  Here is a link that contains valuable resources: 

 

LINK TO ANTI-COMMON CORE RESOURCES LIST — 12.11.09 THROUGH 12.31.13:

http://www.educationviews.org/updated-anti-common-core-resources-list-12-11-09-12-31-13

 

 

Donna Garner

Wgarner1@hot.rr.com

 

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on LinkedInShare on TumblrShare on StumbleUponPrint this pageEmail this to someone

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

UA-24036587-1