Caribbean Medical School An Opportunity for Canadian Students

Dec 20, 2018 by

In 2017, only 19% of applicants to medical school in Canada were accepted. That leaves 81% of people who desire to get a medical degree and practice medicine without a way to do so within the country. The next best option, and really the only option unless you want to keep applying year after year and waste valuable time waiting to get into a school to start your education, is to go abroad. There are a lot of different options when it comes to looking abroad for schools and one to consider is Trinity School of Medicine. Read this blog to learn more about studying medical abroad and why a medical school in the Caribbean is a viable option for your future success as a doctor.

The Importance of Going to an Accredited Medical School

When you start looking abroad for schools to attend, one of the first things you want to check is that they are accredited. If you go to a school that is not accredited, then all of your educational efforts will be wasted. You will not be able to transfer any of your credits to other schools, like in a situation where you get into a Canadian school as a transfer. This means that since the credits will not transfer, you will have to do all of that work again, including taking the same classes. If you are not looking to transfer but want to graduate from the school abroad, if it is not accredited, it will not be a degree that is recognized. Sure, you would be able to say you graduated with the degree but the degree would not mean much, just like if you were to try to transfer the credits.

Continue reading to learn why you would want to attend a medical school in the Caribbean.

Why You Should Want to Go to School in the Caribbean

Trinity School of Medicine is a medical school that is accredited so whether you are wanting to transfer to another school later or want to graduate from the school, it would be recognized. You also know that you are getting a valuable education and not wasting your time. Beyond that, however, there is another perk to going to school in the Caribbean. There is a lot of warmer weather to be enjoyed and it can help you stay on track with your degree. You can enjoy the scenery when you are not in class as well as go to the beaches. This can be a way that you reward yourself. Additionally, it can be seen as another component to your education because you are going abroad and can immerse yourself in the culture for a more rounded education.

If you did not get into the school of your choice in Canada or you just want to look abroad anyway, be sure to take a look at what Trinity School of Medicine has to offer.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.